Rules I follow to keep my daily running streak active.
My rules for running every day (at least one mile).
1. Take stride mechanics seriously.
1a. Athletic posture, and hip to glutes focus.
1b. Feet are your foundation.
1c. Always find new ways to run injury free.
2. After hard days, make sure you have moderate, and easy effort days.
3. Obtain appropriate sleep, and rest so your body can properly recover.
4. Take advantage of the minimum mile run. I’m not a fan of changing the minimum to a higher number. If your sick or have an injury you can run through, run an easy mile (no watch).
5. Utilize sustainable, and healthy food choices.
5a. Consistent hydration.
6. Make it easy to get out of the door daily.
Note: Running daily is obviously an unusual goal. It’s definitely not for everyone. My reason for starting a consecutive daily running streak was to have a positive physical outlet, and I enjoyed running as a child. Any type of movement streak can be fun! Be creative and design a routine that serves you. I hope this post is helpful.