Showing posts from November, 2007

Nevada DMV requires a Nevada insurance policy.

We are an independent insurance agency and periodically we receive telephone calls from people who have moved to Nevada from another state. They are calling us because they want to insure with the same carrier. We spoke with someone whom moved to Nevada early in the year and they registered their vehicle and made an address change with their out-of-state insurance company. Unfortunately they did not realize at the time, that their Nevada registered automobile needed to be insured by a Nevada insurer. The result was a $250.00 dollar fine. Thus, whether your moving into Nevada or a moving to another state, remember to check with the state's department of motor vehicles department to ensure you are following the law. Fortunately most States have a website. In Nevada that link is .