Thursday, May 22, 2008

Stand Alone Earthquake Insurance Policy

Is everything around you shaking. Maybe it's another earthquake. If you live near Reno, Nevada we have been experiencing multiple quakes and primary epicenter is the Verdi/Mogul area. Most homeowners insurance owners have the ability to add earthquake insurance to their existing homeowners policy.

If this is not an option, many independent insurance agencies (including ours) offers a stand alone earthquake insurance policy. In some cases these policies may even be less expensive than what your existing homeowners insurance carrier is offering. Especially if you plan to keep the policy for multiple years, because most stand alone earthquake policies do charge a policy fee and a dwelling inspection fee.

The bottom line is if you do desire an earthquake insurance policy and your current homeowners insurance carrier will not bind coverage, you have the option of purchasing a stand alone insurance policy.

About Me

My photo
6119 Ridgeview CT #500, Reno, NV 89519, 775-284-8200 or, United States College BS in Business Administration (University of Nevada, Reno) 1987. Independent Farmers Insurance Agent 1987-1997; Part time financial sales positions 1997-1999; Co-founder and President of ClientFlex Corporation 1999-2004; Lucini/Parish Insurance 2004-2005; Co-founded (with Tammy Brunson) Ardent Insurance LLC (2005-2007); Changed entity to Ardent Insurance Inc (2006-present). Insurance Designations: LUTCF. Insurance Affiliations: Big I (Independent Insurance Agents of America); Trusted Choice Approved Agency; Professional Insurance Associates, Inc. (Affiliate); Local Business Associations: Northern Nevada Insurance Agents - Member; Community Associations: Northern Nevada Endurance Training - Active Member.